Every entrepreneur needs a little inspiration to stay motivated, so here are our top five Worq mantras to help you focus and achieve your goals in 2020.
1. Set a routine
Running a business is tough, but it’s possible to stay motivated if you have the right systems in place.
- Make a list of your daily tasks, stick to them and check back on tasks completed.
- Develop a habit of setting reminders throughout the day for the important tasks and daily goals you have set. Even a reminder to “get off Facebook and get back to work” can help.
- Have an ‘after-work’ routine in place to de-stress after a long day. Routines and systems before, during and after your workday, such as an exercise class or walking the dogs, allows you to be productive even on days when you don’t feel motivated.
2. Take ‘positivity pills’
Staying positive and giving priority to your mental health is of utmost importance, with daily doses of positivity factored into your routine. Whether it’s an article, a podcast, a blog post or a phone call with a friend, feed your mind with positivity every day and you will feel confident, constructive and in control.
3. Meet like-minded entrepreneurs
It’s important to set aside time to meet with “like-minded” entrepreneurs as this allows you to tap into their knowledge base, give and gain insight and even share a few laughs about the trials and tribulations of being an entrepreneur to prevent “burnouts.”
4. Work with interesting clients
Your clients give you new and exciting opportunities to grow your business, expand your skills and flex your creative muscles. Choose clients that offer an assortment of challenges and inspire you to do your best work. In other words, sometimes its ok to say ‘no’ to a client who you know is going to have you ripping your hair out of your head. Clients with whom you can share mutual respect are the ones you ought to be working with.
5. Practice gratitude
It’s a powerful and proven technique that helps entrepreneurs benefit both personally and professionally ~ practicing gratitude helps you appreciate the little things we tend to overlook or take for granted. Recognising, acknowledging and being thankful for the small things helps you build a positive attitude, allows you to focus on achievements, deal with failures and build positive relationships with clients.
Keep a journal to make note of everything you are grateful for everyday and inspire others to practice gratitude too.
With these simple practices, entrepreneurs can stay motivated and move forward with passion and purpose.
If you are looking for a work environment that encourages you to be your best, then come join our diverse and inspiring Worq-community, where entrepreneurs fuel their creative fire by surrounding themselves with like-minded, driven people. Contact Deron Howard at email@example.com for more information.