Local businesses are the backbone of our city’s economy, and it lies in all of our best interests to support these businesses during this difficult economic time.
Here are some simple ways you can help local businesses, and the economy, rise up out of the proverbial ashes:
- Shop local ONLY: When you shop, take a moment to think of local businesses before you spend; be it a bar of soap, clothes or farm-fresh food, choose a local service provider and buy from them instead. We realize that the convenience of big chain stores is really tempting, but a little effort has never gone such a long way….
- Buy a gift card: Share the love and gift a friend or a loved one with a gift card from a local business; it’s a simple way to make up for the missed birthdays, anniversaries and other important occasions celebrated during lockdown.
- Order from a local restaurant: We’ve all been missing the delicious treats from our local eat-outs. Treat yourself and your loved ones to a meal (or two) from your favourite local restaurant – and remember to tip like a boss!
- Volunteer services: If you are someone who can offer services such as bookkeeping, website maintenance or even delivery gratis, do it. Local businesses need all the help they can get right now, and any assistance would go a long way. Besides nothing beats the feeling of giving.
- Give a shout out: Like, follow, comment and share – give local businesses a punt on social media – encouraging your friends and followers to do the same, and spread the good word about the services and products of local businesses. Let’s grow our economy together!
- Postpone, don’t cancel: Travel may not be on the cards but that doesn’t mean you can’t plan for the future. Rather than cancelling trips and asking for refunds, postpone your travel plans or request a voucher to be used sometime in the future. Or even better, plan your future getaways now and book on a “pay now, choose your date later” basis. That way you are helping the struggling tourism sector while at the same time giving yourself something to look forward to.
- Book and pay now for future appointments with your hairdresser, nail technician or beauty therapist. As one of the industries still not permitted to operate in Level 3 of Lockdown, they are going to be struggling. Think about buying your hair and beauty products through them; pay via internet banking and arrange collection/ delivery via courier.
In these trying times, let’s #WorqTogether to support local businesses, our community and the local economy. We are all in this together, and together we can overcome anything!
Worq is a collaborative co-working space that offers small to medium-sized businesses affordable and flexible offices and retail units as well as essential Worq perks to help your businesses grow. Click here to view Worq pricing and packages. For a virtual tour, contact our client manager, Deron Howard, on: (033) 001 0420 / email@example.com